Here are the entries to my June Dex Card Giveaway and the winner announcement. Thank you for participating and for subscribing!
Here are some beauties I made recently. The Ocean Blue box is lined with felt and can hold jewelry or trinkets. The Simple Love journal is a great gift for yourself or for someone you love. Each pocket contains a tag or card to write or paint or draw on. The 12 Days of Christmas Journal would be lovely for holding your lists, writing love notes, or whatever you wish to use it for. Here is a video showing the inside, as well.
All are made with recycled materials, apart from the paper and felt. If you want to order any of these, fill out the form on this page and submit. EnJoy!
Hi there! I’m inviting my readers to participate in my Giveaway for June! Here is how to enter the drawing:
1) Watch my YouTube video on how to enter the drawing here:
2) Read the instructions below the video and follow them
3) Comment on my video and subscribe to my channel. If your name is hidden, please write in the comment that you have subscribed.
4) Comment on this post and subscribe to my blog
5) Make your dex card, then take a photo or make a video of it
6) Post your video on your YouTube channel and tag me, OR
7) Post your photo in the comments on my Fiber Fancies Facebook page, and tag me
8) Comment on this post and let me know you are participating
9) Send me an email (posted below my video) and I will send you my mailing address
Have lots of fun! I cannot wait to see what you create!
I am SO excited because today is the day my book gets officially launched!
Over the past two years, I’ve been working on a collaborative book in partnership with Priestess Presence Temple, published by Flower of Life Press called, “Voices of the Avalonian Priestesses: Hearing the Call of Essence”.
What lies between the covers of this book is an invitation into remembrance—to slow down and stop for a moment to listen into your heart, and to receive the hearts and souls of a circle of women who have taken the Priestess Initiation journey to remember the Essence of who they are.
Thank you so much for sharing this inspiring collection of Divinely feminine voices with your community, family, and friends. The more people who can receive the powerful transmissions in this book, the more healing can happen.
If you would like to leave us a review on Amazon, we’d greatly appreciate it!
Thank you so much for your support; I can’t wait to hear what you think about the book!
Love and light.
In addition to being a fiber artist, I am also a poet, writer, and Priestess of the 13 Moon Mystery School tradition. This book that is a collection of our communion with the Goddess in all of her many forms.
Over the past two years, I’ve been working on a collaborative book in partnership with Priestess Presence Temple, published by Flower of Life Press called, Voices of the Avalonian Priestesses: Hearing the Call of Essence. This book that is a collection of our communion with and relationship to the Goddess in all of her many forms. What lies between the covers of this book is an invitation into remembrance—to slow down and stop for a moment to listen into your heart, and to receive the hearts and souls of a circle of women who have taken the Priestess Initiation journey to remember the Essence of who they are.
This is my sacred work and I am thrilled to be stepping forward to share it with the world at this time. It’s available as a beautiful, full-color print book and as an e-book. Look for an update on the morning of launch day, May 1st, with the link to purchase.
I am taking pre-orders now for bound copies of the book, which I will order and then ship to you. Price is $22.00 USD plus tax and shipping. The total will be between $27.00-$30.00, depending on where you live.
I can also sign the book with a dedication if you wish, and include a hand made gift card with the book for an extra $5.00 (no additional fees for the card).
If you wish to order now, please send me a private message here with your address, number of books you wish to order, and if you want the book signed to someone particular and a hand made gift card as well, and I’ll send you an invoice with total cost. No international shipping at this time, due to restrictions.
Buying a print copy of the book will allow me to earn retail profit. Royalties from the online book will go to the Mystery School Temple, not to me. Buying through me is the only way I will receive any compensation.
I’d really appreciate it if you’d share this beautiful collection of divinely feminine writings with your community, family, and friends. The more people who can receive the powerful transmissions in this book, the more healing can happen.
Thank you from my heart and soul!
I am so excited to be auditioning for the role of Graphic 45 Brand Ambassador! Here is the tutorial I have created as part of my audition. I hope you will enjoy this.
Altered Brie Cheese Box Tutorial
You will need:
1 empty wooden brie cheese box (4.5″ diameter)
1 large sheet of medium wt. chip board, or a cereal or frozen pizza box
3-4 12″ x 12″ papers ( I used Once Upon a Springtime)
Embellishments: Lace, ribbon, flowers, beads, pearls, feathers, etc.
Glue (I prefer Aileene’s Tacky Glue)
Stirring stick or brush to spread glue
Sharp scissors, ruler, bone or other scoring tool
Paper cutter (optional)
1) Select your favorite papers to use for each element of the design. For the circles on top and interior of box and lid, you might like to use one of the motifs on the Once Upon a Springtime sheet. You’re also welcome to use any of the other papers in the collection, or a different collection entirely.
2) Cut a strip of medium chipboard that is 2.5″ wide by 14″ long. Or cut two pieces from the pizza box, one 12″ long and the other about 2.5″ to fill in the gap. Gently roll the card around your rolling pin or bottle, starting at one short end, to give the card some curve. Glue one long edge of card or chipboard to inner edge of box bottom, lining up the edge with bottom of box. You may need to trim one end off to make it fit.
3) Cut a strip of paper 12″ x 2.75″. Score at 1/4″ along one long side. Fold along the crease. Again, gently wind the paper around the rolling pin to curve it slightly without creasing, starting at the short end. Roll the paper strip around the rolling pin in small segments to avoid creases.
4) Apply glue to the outer side of the box, then adhere the strip of paper along the side, with the creased edge at the top. Make sure bottom edge of paper aligns with the bottom edge of box. Rub along inner wooden edge of the box with soft cloth to secure the paper. You will need to add another section to close up the gap between ends of the paper.
5) Fold the creased edge to inside of box and glue down. Use a cloth or your score tool to press the paper to the inside.
6) Cut a circle of paper to fit the inside bottom of box, about 4.25″ diameter. I selected Mr. Mouse reading a book.
7) Cut a 2.5″ x 12″ strip for inner side of box. Again, curl the paper slightly by winding the short edge around your rolling pin. Glue in to inside of box, carefully lining up the bottom edge of paper where the box bottom and side meet. If the paper sticks up above the rim of the box at all, carefully trim away the excess with sharp scissors. Add another section to close up the gap between ends of the paper, allowing a bit of overlap at each edge.
8) Trace around the box lid and bottom, making templates on plain scrap paper. Trace circles onto your choice of papers to fit inside and outside of lid, and the outside of box bottom. Glue paper to outside of the lid. For this version, I chose to highlight one of the fairies on the main page. I used a motif of Peter Rabbit and his family on another version of the box. Use whatever suits your fancy.
9) Cut strip 1-3/16″ wide for lid sides, score along long edge at 7/8″. Gently roll around rolling pin to create a curve, then fold along crease. Apply glue to outside of lid side. Be sure that the pattern faces upright when the lid is in place before adhering. Carefully align the folded strip around outer side of lid, even with the edge. Smooth down. Then glue the folded flap to inside of lid. You will need to add another small bit to close the gap in the paper. Make sure it’s lined up in the same direction!
10) Cut another strip that is 12″ x 7/8″, and curl around your rolling pin. Glue to inside of lid, covering up the folded over edge.
11) Finally, cut a circle to cover outside bottom of the box, and glue in place.
12) Embellish the box to your heart’s content with lace, ribbon, flowers, beads, or fussy-cut elements. This is the first example I made. I used a narrow lace around the outer edge of the lid, and a few flowers from my stash. Have fun!
Thank you so much for reading my tutorial! If you try this out and want to let me know how it goes, I would love to get your comments.
It’s almost spring! Fruit trees, daffodils, hyacinths and snow bells are all blooming, and everything smells sweet. And today we are having rain and chilly weather, after days of sunshine and temps in the 70s!
Here is my Springtime Album to cheer you and call in the warmer weather again. This would make the perfect gift for someone who loves the illustrations from Beatrix Potter books, fairies, and flowers. Or for someone in need of good cheer. EnJoy the video to see inside the album!
I have been engaging in the joy of creating projects to swap with other artists in a couple of groups I’m in, and wanted to share some here with you. Want one of your own? I can also fill an envelope or embroidery hoop with your choice of gifts, instead of craft goodies. Let me know what your heart desires!
Want to give your sweetheart something unique? Order a Stuffed Envelope! These were created for artists to send goodies to each other to use in projects; the envelopes can also be filled with small gifts for your beloved, or to store cards or gifts you may receive. Enjoy a video of this sample here.
I can create these for any holiday or theme, just let me know what you need. I can also include items you may have already selected, or you can fill a decorated envelope yourself. The options are endless!
Do you need last-minute gifts or stocking-stuffers? Get your order in Today to be sure of a timely delivery! Offering Free gift wrapping.
Here are some great ideas for you–all of which are still available– and of course there are many more items for sale in the gallery pages. Click on any photo in galleries for specs and price and to be sure it’s still available.